Facebook has launched an updated version of its Events app, rebranding it as Facebook Local and adding new features.
Our new name is ‘Local’! We’ve updated our events app to help you discover places and things to do recommended by friends you know and trust.
Keep up with what’s happening locally wherever you are whether you’re looking for something to do with friends this weekend or want to explore a new neighborhood.
- See the most recent activity, events and places your friends are interacting with and updates from event hosts and Pages you follow.
- Find events and activities happening near you on an interactive map and filter by time, category, location and more.
- Get recommendations based on what’s popular with your friends, things you’ve been to in the past, Pages you like and our curated Guides.
- Choose to add calendars from your phone to see all of your plans in one place.
- Opt-in to get notifications about your upcoming events so you know if details change.
What’s New In This Version:
- Ability to search for events, places and activities nearby or in another city or neighborhood.
- Browse timely Guides to find events, places and things to do by category.
- See event invitations you haven’t responded to at the top of your calendar.
- Explore Local Lists of recommended events and places in more than 60 cities.
You can download Local from Facebook from the App Store for free.